Tuesday 12 February 2013

I miss my husband

I miss my husband when he isn't here.
 I miss sharing the burden of responsibility for our kids.  It makes me feel so tired.  If I don't do something, he's not there to pick up the slack.
I miss having him ask me if I've fed the dog.  I wonder what else I've forgotten.
I miss having him bath the kids or take them for a swim.
I miss going for walks with him in the evening.
I miss just being able to pass him bills.
I miss kissing him on the way out the door.
I miss listening to him tell me about his day.
I miss playing music with him.
I miss him putting one of the kids to bed.
I miss him when there are strange noises at night.
But most of all, I miss sitting down with him after everything else has been done, having a glass of wine, sitting close to each other and just talking about things.
I miss my best mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment